WATER HEATER REPAIR ROCKVILLE, MD
WE’LL RESTORE YOUR HOT WATER TODAY!
As a homeowner, you need to be on your toes at all times. The minute you let your guard down, something could go horribly wrong that can cost you thousands of dollars. Why do you need to stay on your toes? For starters, you need to keep an eye on the water heater that helps heat your home and provide hot water to all of your faucets. When a water heater starts to fail you should call the experienced and trusted team from 24/7 Plumbing & Drain LLC as soon as possible for an appointment. Even if the water heater stops working in the middle of the night our team can dispatch a plumber to your Rockville, MD home. If you notice an issue with the unit and fail to have it fixed you are risking a total failure that could lead to serious damage to your home. A water heater that goes unrepaired can wind up bursting, flooding the bottom floor of your home to the tune of thousands of dollars in damage. Never ignore any of the warning signs a water heater gives off when it is no longer working efficiently. When the first sign of trouble arrives you need to call a plumber for emergency service around the clock.
To schedule fast & affordable water heater repair in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Bethesda, or any other city in Montgomery County, give us a call at (301) 276-7530 today!
Common Water Heater Issues
The most common problem many homeowners in Rockville, MD face is the lack of hot water. No hot water means you won’t be able to wash your hands, clean the dishes, run the washing machine or take a warm shower. For the most part, a lack of hot water is caused by a tripped breaker in the electrical box. When you go to flip the breaker back to on and there’s still no hot water, it’s time to call a plumber from 24/7 Plumbing & Drain LLC. It’s also possible that the breaker never tripped and you still have hot water. This is a common issue with water heaters, and so are the following:
- Leaks: Leaks around a water heater might be coming from one of two places: either the water heater or another source. When the water is coming from the heater it should not be repaired, but instead replaced. A leaky heater is a sign that the unit has run its course.
- Foul smell: When you go to take a shower or wash your hands does the water coming from the spigot smell foul? Water that smells foul is an indicator that there is bacteria in the tank of the water heater. The tank should be emptied, cleaned, and then refilled with clean water.
- Noises: The noises that come from various areas of the home happen often in Rockville, MD, but noises that come from a water heater can mean serious trouble. Noises signal that there is sediment buildup in the bottom of the tank. This needs to be removed as soon as possible by a plumber.
- No hot water: When there is no hot water and no tripped breaker, a plumber should visit your home to inspect the water heater for possible broken elements.
Schedule your free estimate today and know the price before we begin your home’s water heater repair. Valid in Rockville & all of Montgomery County, Maryland!
Does Your Water Heater Require Repair?
If any of the following signs are exhibited by your water heater you need to call an experienced plumber from 24/7 Plumbing & Drain LLC to schedule an appointment for repair immediately:
- Broken or leaky valves: If any of the valves on the water heater have water around them or you find one that is broken, you need to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Popping or bubbling sounds: When your water heater makes a noise that sounds like something is popping inside of it there is too much mineral in the water. Have the tank drained and cleaned.
- Water that is dirty: Is the water in your shower or kitchen sink brown? Dirty water is a sure sign of water heater repair if there are no fire hydrants being flushed in your neighborhood.
- Connections with rust: Any connection on the water heater that has rust on it needs to be replaced.
Why Choose 24/7 Plumbing & Drain?
Our team of plumbing experts are dedicated to 24/7 quick response, and all around customer satisfaction. When you choose 24/7 Plumbing & Drain, LLC to perform your residential or commercial plumbing service you can expect:
- 24/7 Service
- We Answer Every Call
- Residential & Commercial
- Same Day Service
- 40+ Years of Experience
If you are suffering from a lack of hot water in your home contact our team right away! We provide free estimates for water heater repair in Rockville, MD!
DIFFERENT TYPES OF HOT WATER HEATERS
It’s important to know the type of water heater that is in your home. If you don’t, and can’t tell by looking at it, don’t be afraid to call 24/7 Plumbing & Drain LLC to have a plumber visit. We can explain the type of unit you have, how it is powered, what it does and if it is working effectively. There are four main types of water heaters on the market today: gas, electric, standard and tankless.
Gas Water Heaters
A gas water heater uses natural gas that is provided to your home by a local gas company. You can either convert to gas service for a new installation or simply stick with what you have when repairing the water heater in your home. Gas is a combustible material so make sure you call 911 if and when you ever smell gas.
Electric Water Heaters
Did you know that these water heaters use electricity and propane to heat your home and provide hot water? If you have an electric water heater, there will likely be a propane tank installed on your property.
Standard Water Heaters
A standard water heater is found in just about every home in Rockville, MD. This water heater uses oxygen in order to convert water into heat. When the heater is done converting water to heat it sends about 80 percent throughout the house. The 20 percent remaining will escape the home via the chimney.
Tankless Water Heaters
An on-demand water heater is also known as a tankless water heater. What we mean by on-demand is that when the heater is notified that hot water is needed, it will take a little bit of time for the water to warm up to the proper temperature. This type of water heater is perfect when you have an empty nest and no children fighting for the shower each morning.
Call a Trusted Plumber in Rockville Today
Have you witnessed any of the signs discussed here that show possible trouble with a water heater? If so, it’s important for you to call a trusted water heater repair company in Rockville, MD at (301) 276-7530 to schedule service with 24/7 Plumbing & Drain LLC. Don’t wait for the water heater to stop working completely before having a licensed plumber come out and diagnose the issue. This can wind up costing you more than preventive maintenance.