Looking for tips on emergency water removal and extraction? Then you have come to the right place. Essentially, emergency water removal and extraction is required whenever you experience flooding.
Since water damage catastrophes tend to occur every once in awhile, it is imperative that you learn how to perform emergency water removal and extraction before calling in a professional water extraction company to get the job done.
Whether it is a burst water main or a sink overflow, learning how to perform emergency water removal and extraction will ensure that your documents, property, and any other valuables are not damaged by the flooding.
Dealing with Emergency Water Extraction and Removal
Water damage and extraction are emergency tasks that everyone should understand. Sometimes, the flooding might affect your property in unrecoverable ways as you wait for the emergency water removal and extraction professional to arrive.
To this end, you should first call in the emergency water removal and extraction company. While waiting for them, do the following:
1. Remove all valuables and place them in a dry area
2. Disconnect all electronic gadgets and move them to a safe location away from the flooding; similarly, switch off the electric supply from the mains
3. Place towels and rugs on the floor, close to electric outlets and sockets to ensure the flooding does not sip into these outlets
5. Make sure that there is nothing lying on the floor in the water
6. Get your important documents (such as deeds, certificates, and other titles) and place them in a place you are going to remember; away from harm of course
By the time you are done with the above tasks, the emergency water removal and extraction professionals should have arrived.
Professional Emergency Water Removal and Extraction Process
A professional emergency water removal and extraction company will act fast. To this end, they will arrive at the flooded premises in the shortest period of time after you call them. Since they are in the business of protecting and securing your property and valuables from further damage, they will come to you immediately.
So, what is the process used to provide emergency water removal services? A professional company will do the following:
– Inspect and assess the property
– Remove and extract the water
– Apply anti-microbial chemicals
– Drying through air movement and dehumidification
– Monitor the property
Professionals use the right equipment, processes and chemicals to deal with water damage. During the inspection and assessment stage, they will also provide you with estimates of the total cost of the project. This way, you will know how much the water removal and extraction will cost you before they start working.
To further expound on the above processes, consider the following:
Floods, pipe breaks, rainstorms, and other disasters are likely to cause water damage to your home or office. A professional emergency water removal and extraction team will come in and get rid of the water before the problem gets out of hand.
Additionally, they will perform dehumidification once they are done removing the water. This way, they will protect you from such water damage issues as biological problems (mold and mildew) corrosion, and structural deterioration.
By dehumidifying your property, the experts will dry all equipment installations, electrical appliances and outlets, and furniture and furnishings. As a result, you will be protected against the substantial cost of replacing these valuables.
Additionally, your emergency water removal and extraction team will dehumidify the air, the wallboards, wooden floors, and concrete blocks to ensure that all water has been removed after the flooding.
Importance of Professional Emergency Water Removal and Extraction
After you have protected your most valuable property from getting damaged by water, you are going to need a professional to come in and get rid of the water. What is the importance of doing this? And how will the professional prove beneficial to you?
Essentially, expert emergency water extraction will enable you benefit in the following ways:
– Protect your property from further damage
– Get rid of all water and moisture, thereby protecting your health and wellness by reducing the chances of mold and mildew growing on your property
– Reduce the cost of reconstructing your property, which is often required after a serious episode of water damage
– Arrest such post-disaster problems as wood swells, weakened sheetrock, corroding electrical wiring, rusting metal components, paint peels, and others
There are many other benefits that come with professional emergency water removal and extraction. If you ever need these services, please give our 24/7 Home Improvement, Plumbing , Drain and water extraction experts a call today.